Picture of Shelley Herzing
Chronological Age Calculator
by Shelley Herzing - Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 11:55 AM

Here is a great website to help find a student's chronological age for PPVT and ESP testing. I have found that this makes it much easier. Maybe someone else will also find it useful. You can download a Chronological Age Calculator right to your laptop.

http://ags.pearsonassessments.com/calc/index2.asp
Picture of John Concilus
Re: Chronological Age Calculator
by John Concilus - Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 07:54 PM

Hey folks,

Just so you know, the DART system will be calculating this automagically and placing it on the Student Information screen...and it's just there whenever you need it.  This feature should be active very soon - this week? - but is not working today.

One reason we programmed this in is exactly the purpose you are talking about...for quick reference in scoring protocols.  The other is to give at a glance the age matrix when working with a group.

Hope this helps,

JTC
Picture of John Concilus
Re: Chronological Age Calculator
by John Concilus - Thursday, September 7, 2006, 02:24 PM

Hello,

Good news for those of you doing assessments and scoring protocols!  I used to be a Special Ed teacher, and know how important the correct age calculation is to choosing the various scores for norm-referenced tests.  

Chronological Age (CA) is now calculated in DART, and can be view on any student's Information Screen.  All teachers can see this under the pull down menu when looking at a student individidual view.

I've attached an example of how to find this, and what it looks like.  The DART system now calculates the age (Years - Months - Days) for each student automagically.

Regards,

JTC